remove wrapper and place in your microwave as shown above
set your microwave at full power for two minutes
stop cooking when popping slows to one pop every two seconds
open bag carefully by pinching and pulling at the diagonal corners
a few questions we've been asked about our popcorn…
- How do I check the ingredients?
Just click on the pictures to see the full list of ingredients.
- What makes popping corn pop?
Steam! The kernels contain moisture, when they are heated the moisture becomes steam and builds up pressure as the internal environment expands, eventually a small explosion occurs as they burst their shell and are popped – magic!
- Can I get popping corn if I am on a nutrition plan?
Yes, they are being sent out in nibble, light, eatwell and boost boxes.
- Some kernels haven’t popped, are they edible?
It is perfectly normal for some of the kernels not to pop, please don’t eat them as they could damage your teeth and don’t taste very nice! Don’t try to re-heat the un-popped kernels or reuse the bag.
- How should I open the popping corn once it’s cooked?
Please open very carefully – both the corn and the steam will be HOT! Pull opposite corners of the bag diagonally away from each other and then tip the popped corn into a bowl to allow it to cool before you snack!
- How long should I cook my popping corn for?
We recommend setting your microwave for two minutes but your popcorn could be ready from as little as 40 seconds.
The key is to STAY by your microwave and LISTEN for when popping slows to one every two seconds.
- How should I put my popping corn in the microwave?
Always with the side saying ‘healthy popping corn’ facing down.
- Do I have to remove the outer plastic wrapper?
Yes, you must remove the plastic wrapper before putting this in the microwave.
- Do I have to have a microwave to use this?
Yes, you will need a microwave.
- Is this popping corn suitable for vegans, coeliacs and dairy free diets?
Our foods are all packed in the same kitchen, but the popcorn doesn’t contain anything that isn’t suitable for you.