terms & conditions
- 1. Agreement to Terms and Conditions
- 2. Website Use
- 3. Intellectual Property Rights
- 4. Joining Us
- 5. Availability of Website
- 6. Purchase of Boxes
- 7. Information about what our products contain
- 8. Free or discounted offers
- 9. Payments
- 10. Delivery and Return of Boxes
- 11. Cancellation
- 12. Privacy
- 13. Limitations on Liability
- 14. Applicable Law
- 15. Assignment by Us
- 16. Accounts are Non-Transferable
- 17. No Waiver
- 18. Force Majeure
- 19. Third Party Rights
- 20. Contacting us
1. Agreement to Terms and Conditions
1.1 Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
1.1.1 The website www.graze.com ("the website") is owned and operated by Nature Delivered Ltd, trading as 'graze.com'. References to "we", "us", or "our" are references to Nature Delivered Ltd. We are a company registered in England and Wales (company number 6402199), our VAT number is 154240830 and our registered office and address for correspondence is:
26 Dunstable Road
- 1.1.2 Your use of this website and purchase of any products from this website is at all times subject to these Terms and Conditions. By accessing our website you agree to our Terms and Conditions set out below. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you must exit our website immediately.
- 1.1.1 The website www.graze.com ("the website") is owned and operated by Nature Delivered Ltd, trading as 'graze.com'. References to "we", "us", or "our" are references to Nature Delivered Ltd. We are a company registered in England and Wales (company number 6402199), our VAT number is 154240830 and our registered office and address for correspondence is:
1.2 Changes to Terms and Conditions
- 1.2.1 We reserve the right, from time to time, with or without notice to you, to change these Terms and Conditions at our sole discretion. The Terms and Conditions applicable to your access to and use of this website will be the version that is current and displayed on the website as at each date you access the website. Your use of the website after changes are made means that you agree to be bound by such changes. These terms were last updated on 14 February 2014.
1.3 Accounts and Billing
1.3.1 You can find the specific details regarding your subscription with Nature Delivered Ltd including your next scheduled boxes, by logging into your account and clicking on the relevant section of the website.
- To view, amend or cancel existing orders - www.graze.com/uk/deliveries
- To view the payments you have made - www.graze.com/uk/account/payments
- To view or amend your personal details - www.graze.com/uk/account/details
- To view or amend your payment card details - www.graze/com/uk/account/cards
- To view or amend delivery address details - www.graze.com/account/addresses
- 1.3.1 You can find the specific details regarding your subscription with Nature Delivered Ltd including your next scheduled boxes, by logging into your account and clicking on the relevant section of the website.
1.4 Other applicable terms
2. Website Use
- 2.1 You agree not to upload, post, email or otherwise send or transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, harm, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or equipment linked directly or indirectly with this website. You also agree not to interfere with the servers or networks underlying or connected to this website or our services or to violate any of the procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to this website.
- 2.2 All content and programming of the website is our property. Except as may be permitted by law, notwithstanding contractual prohibition, you may not reproduce, modify, copy, de-compile or reverse engineer any of the materials, software or content on the website without our written permission. Use of the website is restricted to personal, non-commercial use only.
- 2.3 You agree not to impersonate any other person while using this website, conduct yourself in an offensive manner while using our website, or use the website for any illegal, immoral or harmful purpose.
- 2.4 You may not use the website for unlawful purposes or in any way that may damage our name or reputation or that of our affiliates.
- 2.5 It is your responsibility to ensure your computer system meets all the necessary technical specifications to enable you to access and use the website and is compatible with the website.
- 2.6 We may, from time to time, restrict access to certain features, parts or content of the website, or the entire website, to users who have registered with us.
- 2.7 You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, for all activity that takes place on your account, and for restricting access to your computer. We will not be held liable for any loss or damage that may result from your failure to do so.
- 2.8 The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. We endeavour to keep the information contained on the website (other than User Material (as defined in clause 3.2 below)) up-to-date and correct, although there may be times when this is not the case. If you notice any issue with the information on the website, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. Intellectual Property Rights
- 3.1.1 All intellectual property rights in or relating to the website (including our text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound, trade marks and logos) are owned by us or our licensors. Except where you are given a non-exclusive licence to use the intellectual property rights that you need to enable you to use the website in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, you are not given any rights in respect of the intellectual property rights owned by us or our licensors and you acknowledge and agree that you do not acquire any ownership of, or other rights in relation to, any such intellectual property rights by virtue of using the website.
3.2 External Links
- 3.2.1 From time to time this website may also include links to other websites that we do not control. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or operation of such linked website(s), or for anything provided (or not provided) by the third parties controlling such linked websites.
- 3.2.2 If you create a link to the website and we want you to remove it, we reserve the right to ask you to do so.
4. Joining Us
- 4.1 In order to purchase products from the website, you must first register to set up an account with us by completing the registration form on the website.
- 4.2 In order to register an account you must be an individual and agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions. If you are registering on behalf of an organisation or company you must have the authority to bind that company. If you are under 18 years of age and you order goods from the website, please note that you are liable to pay for such order and be held responsible for your order.
4.3 When signing up you need to provide:
- 4.3.1 your full name;
- 4.3.2 a valid and current email address;
- 4.3.3 your delivery address; and
- 4.3.4 your payment card details.
- 4.4 You warrant that all information you provide to us when registering an account is true and accurate to the best of your knowledge and belief. It is your responsibility to ensure the information in your account is updated regularly with any relevant changes.
- 4.5 We may refuse at our absolute discretion any application to join us or receive our services for any reason whatsoever.
- 4.6 You are responsible for all activities and purchases that occur under your account. You must notify us immediately if you know of, or suspect, that anyone has obtained access to your account or if you otherwise become aware of any unauthorised use of your account or other security breach.
5. Availability of Website
- 5.1 Although we aim to offer you the best service possible, we make no promise that our website services will be available all of the time, meet your requirements or be fault free. If a fault occurs in the service, please report it to us (see below for contact details) and we will correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
- 5.2 Your access to the website may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will restore the service as soon as we reasonably can. In the event that our website is unavailable, our usual order and cancellation deadlines apply; please notify us of changes to your order via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Purchase of Boxes
- 6.1 When you register an account on the website you will automatically be signed up to receive a regular delivery of our products (either fortnightly, weekly or twice a week). You can manage and make changes to your orders at any time. Please see the managing my orders section of our FAQs for more details.
- 6.2 You may submit orders online at any time after you have created an account. The website allows you to review your order and make any corrections before submitting it to us and by submitting the order you confirm that you have made any such corrections. You are given the opportunity to review the box type, delivery date and frequency of orders in the 'your deliveries' page. The website allows you to review all the boxes that you have already ordered from us, you can do this by clicking the boxes on the 'your deliveries' page whenever you are logged in.
- 6.3 Your submission of an order amounts to an offer to enter a contract to buy the products from us; you cannot then withdraw or cancel your order except as specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions.
- 6.4 No order is accepted from you until our website displays an order confirmation message. This message is displayed after you schedule the frequency in the 'your deliveries' page.
- 6.5 We select the contents of your boxes based on your ratings of try, like, love, bin and send soon. We reserve the right to not send certain combinations of products together in a box.
7. Information about what our products contain
7.1 On each product page under 'full ingredients' and on the lid of each product in your box, we provide a list of the product's ingredients. We also say if a product contains any of the following ingredients/substances which may cause allergies or intolerances:
- 7.1.1 Cereals containing gluten and gluten products;
- 7.1.2 milk/lactose;
- 7.1.3 eggs;
- 7.1.4 peanuts;
- 7.1.5 nuts (i.e almond, hazelnut, walnut, cashew, pecan nut, brazil nut, pistachio nut, macadamia nut and queensland nut);
- 7.1.6 celery;
- 7.1.7 mustard;
- 7.1.8 sesame seeds;
- 7.1.9 soya or soybeans.
- 7.2 As all of our products are prepared in the same environment, we are unable to guarantee that our products are completely free from any of the ingredients/substances listed above.
- 7.3 We include nutritional information relating to each product on our website on each product's page. Your box will also come with a leaflet containing this information relating to the products you have chosen.
8. Free or discounted offers
- 8.1 Free or discounted introductory offers are only available to new users of the website. Except where expressly stated, previous users or trialists of the website do not qualify for an additional special offer.
- 8.2 Except where otherwise stated, free or discounted offers are available only once to any one person.
- 8.3 Except where otherwise stated, discounts and credits cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.
- 8.4 You must have internet access and valid payment details to redeem a free or discounted offer.
- 8.5 You will be charged the full price for boxes after your free or discounted offer. We will continue to bill you by your chosen payment method for the Nature Delivered Ltd service until you cancel scheduled boxes.
- 9.1 The price of products is as quoted on the website from time to time. Prices stated include VAT and delivery charges.
9.2 We take payments by continuous payment authority. You will be charged as follows:
- 9.2.1 boxes due on Monday will be charged on the previous Thursday from 08:00;
- 9.2.2 boxes due on Tuesday will be charged on the previous Friday from 06:00;
- 9.2.3 boxes due on Wednesday will be charged on the previous Monday from 00:00;
- 9.2.4 boxes due on Thursday will be charged on the previous Monday from 12:00;
- 9.2.5 boxes due on Friday will be charged on the previous Tuesday from 00:00;
- 9.2.6 boxes due on Saturday will be charged on the previous Thursday from 00:00.
- 9.3 A summary is available at www.graze.com/lastorders. Payment services are provided by Nature Delivered AB, Sweden.
- 9.4 If your payment details change, your card provider may provide us with updated card details. We may use these new details for your future boxes in order to help prevent any interruption to the service. If you would prefer to opt out from this service, please contact us on email@example.com.
- 9.5 You agree not to hold us responsible for banking charges incurred due to payments on your account.
- 9.6 Goods are subject to seasonal changes in supply levels and supply prices. We reserve the right to change the fees for any services at any time. We agree to notify you at least 30 days in advance of any change in fees. Please note that you can cancel at any time – see section 11 below.
- 9.7 Upon registering, restarting regular deliveries, ordering one off boxes or changing card details, a £1 payment will be taken from your card in order to authorise it and prevent fraud. This payment will be immediately voided, but some banks may temporarily reflect these against your account balance.
10. Delivery and Return of Boxes
- 10.1 Boxes can only be delivered to addresses within the United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland); this excludes PO Box addresses and BFPO addresses.
10.2 We currently use Royal Mail to deliver the boxes to you. Proof of delivery is not obtained. Actual delivery times may vary for you depending on:
- 10.2.1 our stock availability;
- 10.2.2 your delivery address;
- 10.2.3 when you make your selection; and
- 10.2.4 circumstances impacting delivery by the Royal Mail.
- 10.3 You will not hold us responsible for any delays, outside our control, which relate to the delivery of boxes.
- 10.4 It is your responsibility to report all lost or undelivered boxes online within 7 days using this link: www.graze.com/uk/royalmail. Please note that you will need to be logged in to your account to access this link.
- 10.5 Customers are obliged to comply with either Royal Mail's claim compensation process or our process. Failure to comply with these processes, as amended from time to time, will result in no credit being made in respect of such undelivered boxes.
- 10.6 Where the correct process is followed the following credit process applies: Where a box is first reported as lost, a credit for half the price of the box is given as the box may still turn up. If the box is reported again as having not arrived, the remainder of the credit for that box will be given.
- 10.7 If you change address, you must update your address details in the relevant section of the website to ensure that no boxes are sent out to the wrong address. Please ensure this is done in time to take effect before you move as you will not be refunded for any boxes posted to the wrong location. You can see a summary of these times at www.graze.com/lastorders.
- 10.8 We reserve the right to cancel your account with us if it becomes apparent that, in our sole opinion, the postal service in your area is too unreliable.
- 10.9 If you are dissatisfied with any product you receive from us, please contact our customer services team on firstname.lastname@example.org. We retain the right to request a return of any faulty goods by recorded delivery to 26 Dunstable Road, Richmond, TW9 1UH and the product will be inspected. If we request recorded delivery then we will pay for the cost of the postage on provision of the postage receipt. If the fault is agreed, a full refund will be given for the returned goods. Nothing in this section affects your legal rights.
- 10.10 If you place an order for multiple one-off boxes, please be aware that they will still be sent via Royal Mail post and may be subject to delays. We therefore cannot guarantee delivery on a specific day and will not be held liable for delays outside of our control.
- 11.1 You can cancel the purchase of a box at any time before the cut off times relevant to your delivery day by visiting your deliveries page and selecting "box options", "make a change" and "cancel weekly box". For more details please see the managing my orders section of our FAQs.
- 11.2 Details of our cut-off times are available at www.graze.com/lastorders. Cut-off times may vary in the approach to a bank holiday – however we will advise of changes to the cut off times in our FAQs page of the website the week before a bank holiday. Cancellation must be by the website www.graze.com. You remain responsible for ensuring that any such change or cancellation is not only transmitted by you, but received by us, in time for the deadline.
- 11.3 We reserve the right to terminate or restrict your use of our service, for any or no reason whatsoever. One reason that we may do so is if we believe that you are in breach of any obligation under these Terms and Conditions. If we terminate your use of our service as a result of a breach of any obligation under these Terms and Conditions, such termination would be immediate and may be without notice.
- 11.4 Due to the perishable nature of the goods we deliver, you do not have the right to cancel an order for the purchase of a box under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
13. Limitations on Liability
13.1 Nothing in this clause 13 or otherwise in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or in any way limit our liability for:
- 13.1.1 fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- 13.1.2 death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- 13.1.3 breach of any obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982;
- 13.1.4 under Part I of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- 13.1.5 any other liability to the extent the same may not be excluded or limited as a matter of law.
- 13.2 None of these terms restrict any of your statutory rights. For further information about your statutory rights, contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizen's Advice Bureau.
- 13.3 Subject to clause 13.1, in no event shall we be liable to you for any business losses. Any liability we do have for losses you suffer is strictly limited to the purchase price of the relevant products and to losses that were foreseeable. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us. Please note that this does not affect your statutory rights.
14. Applicable Law
- 14.1 Your use of this website is governed by these Terms and Conditions and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising from your use of this website and the services we provide are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
15. Assignment by Us
- 15.1 You agree that we may assign any of our rights and/or transfer, sub-contract or delegate any of our obligations under these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions are personal to you and you may not assign any of your rights or transfer, sub-contract or delegate any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
16. Accounts are Non-Transferable
- 16.1 Accounts with Nature Delivered Ltd are not transferable and therefore cannot be sold or traded.
17. No Waiver
- 17.1 If we delay exercising or fail to exercise or enforce any right available to us under these Terms and Conditions, such delay or failure does not constitute a waiver of that right or any other rights under these Terms and Conditions.
18. Force Majeure
- 18.1 We will not be liable to you for any lack of performance, or the unavailability or failure, of this website or our services, or for any failure by us to comply with these Terms and Conditions, where such lack, unavailability or failure arises from any cause reasonably beyond our control.
19. Third Party Rights
- 19.1 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions confers on any third party any benefits under the provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
20. Contacting us
20.1 Please submit any questions you have about these Terms and Conditions or an order you have placed or ordering in general by email to email@example.com or write to us at:
26 Dunstable Road